Due to visual input, high degree of automation, instant feedback and intuitive design Parabuild needs only a short training period so the steel detailer can become productive quickly. Our experience is that 2 full days of training is sufficient for learning Parabuild if you are familiar with AutoCAD or BricsCAD. Those experienced with 3D CAD software can often learn Parabuild on their own without assisted training.
Parabuild is a steel detailing software application to model all types of structural steel in 3D. It allows you to automatically produce the bills of material, shop drawings and CNC files needed to fabricate and erect a structure.
The best place to start learning Parabuild is to try the Step-by-Step Exercises included in the Parabuild installation.
The exercises are designed to familiarize the user with the basic functionality of Parabuild.
They will take you, step-by-step from drawing a typical 3D structural model using Parabuild's unique Context Modeller, adding connections and finishes, to generating General Arrangement Drawings, Workshop Details, Bills-of-Material, and DSTV NC files for CAM machines.
You may work on the exercises directly from with the Parabuild interface - or the PDF version of the exercises may be opened for printing, which can sometimes be easier to use.
Download Parabuild's 30 day FREE TRIAL OFFER
Parabuild YouTube Tutorials
- Steel Detailing Software - Introduction to Parabuild Step by Step Exercises
- Parabuild Exercise A2 : Grids and Levels
- Parabuild Exercise A3 : Drawing Columns
- Parabuild Exercise A4 : Drawing Pitched Rafters
- Parabuild Exercise A5 : Drawing Beams
- Parabuild Exercise A6 : Drawing Smaller Parts
- Parabuild Exercise A7 : Modifying Objects
- Parabuild Exercise B1 : Baseplates
- Parabuild Exercise B2 : Connections between Columns and Beams
- Parabuild Exercise B3 : Drawing and Copying Simple Bracings
- Parabuild Exercise B4 : Drawing Trusses
- Parabuild Exercise C1 : End-Plates
- Parabuild Exercise C2 : Apex Connections
- Parabuild Exercise C3 : Beam to Column Haunch Connections
- Parabuild Exercise C4 : Other Connection Types - Beam Splice
- Parabuild Exercise C5 : Separate Connection Parts
- Parabuild Exercise D1 : Bracing - Advanced
- Parabuild Exercise D2 : Bracing without Gusset-Plates
- Parabuild Exercise D3 : Assembling a Truss Yourself
- Parabuild Exercise E1 : Bills and CNC Files
- Parabuild Exercise E2 : Generating Workshop Drawings
- Parabuild Exercise E3 : Creating General Arrangement Drawings
- Parabuild Exercise F1 : Modifying Bills
- Parabuild Exercise F2 : Workshop Drawings - Comprehensive
Parabuild YouTube Demonstrations
- Steel Detailing in Parabuild : Modelling using the Context Modeller
- Steel Detailing in Parabuild : Output - Bills of Material, Shop Drawings, CNC Files...
- Steel Detailing in Parabuild : Templates using Smart Array and Parametric Constraints
- Steel Detailing in Parabuild : Stairs and handrails